Sunday, February 24, 2008

Youth Where Is Your Hope?

Age is not the advancement of years but the draining of life. Who would have known? When I was younger, I looked at the world and I saw all the possibilities. Now that I am older and the possibilities seem to be quickly dwindling, I find myself drifting into old age. Not by choice but by forces seemingly outside of my control.

The young do not know the walls of resistance they shall meet in their futures. They have dreams not yet crushed by events, movements, groups or persons with whom they will one day battle for the very possession of their souls. Age is the understanding that those walls exist. Perhaps not understanding. Age is the acceptance that barriers will knock back the aspirations of a spirit seeking to be more than those around him/her believe he/she can be.

There is a platitude; youth is a state of mind. So how does the human spirit endure against the constant bombardment of the walls of impossibility that tear at the mind? How does an aged soul combat that which propels the individual forward? And how does one who has placed his/her entire worldview in the basket of a Higher Authority who governs the universe confront the reality of a life lived in frustration?

I wish I knew the answer. I crave anyone who can, with concrete substance, demonstrate how I continue to live with the perceptions of failure measured against a God who holds all of Creation in his hands. Who can help me suppress the doubts of age and birth anew a spirit that is young?

Hope, that is the only anchor to the future. Where do I find hope?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?